You show up to Tuesday’s staff meeting with your fully loaded latte and blueberry scone. That’s when the associate pastor drops one of the following bombs:
* The pastor’s new sermon series needs a bit of eye candy.
* The singles group needs promotional materials yesterday.
* The welcoming committee needs help planning a major fundraising event.
* A local businessman just donated a billboard to the church.
Where do you start? Start the way marketing professionals do: by developing a creative brief. This simple document will save you from creative grief.
In this workshop you will learn:
* A step by step process for implementing a successful communication project.
* The importance of looking at things from the pew point instead of the pulpit.
* How to dial up the crave factor of your organization.
* Insights from national marketers.
About the presenter:
Ginger Sinsabaugh MacDonald has worked with Snap! Crackle! Pop! as well as Michael Jordan. She has won awards creating commercials you’ve seen on TV, ads in magazines, coupons in Sunday papers, as well as the signage the sample lady has next to her at the supermarket. But now, Giger uses her creativity to stir up a craving for more than snack foods. As the Top Cookie of TastyFaith,com, Ginger helps create a craving for Christ with fresh outreach materials. She is the author of Life After Birth Bible Studies for Teen Moms as well as several articles about media, creative communication and teens. Ginger and her husband, Jeff, live in Chicago, Ill. where they enjoy eating candy.
This material is from a breakout session presented at MinistryCOM 2008.